A way to see stats from the other persons perspective?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

A way to see stats from the other persons perspective?

Postby Highstakes0 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:18 am

Maybe this should be in HUD forum, please forgive me then =)

Lets say we've played 4000 hands playing vpip/pfr: 30/20.
But against one opponent who we have played against 500 hands we have played
20/10 only (= much tighter). I wonder if there is a way to get these stats that you (I)
have against a _certain opponent since it would be very valuable. I try to change gears
often and table conditions forces me to play differently from one time to antoher
and I cannot always remember who ive played tight against and who Ive been trying to dominate.

Thanks in advance!
Highstakes0
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:49 am

Re: A way to see stats from the other persons perspective?

Postby kraada » Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 am

That is not currently possible and it's not even clear for certain if it would help even if you could build it for hands you played together.

A few reasons why:
(1) Some players simply won't notice if you've been playing tighter or looser, especially if they haven't played you for a few weeks.
(2) Some players datamine (whether or not it's against a site's terms and conditions) so they'll have extra data on you and you won't have it on them.
(3) A player might have observed you at a table by opening it and watching before they sat down (or while waiting for the blinds to get to them) and since they weren't dealt into those hands, we would miss that data.
(4) A player may change his own style for reasons unrelated to your play (e.g. he's now watching coaching videos and trying some stuff out) but you might think he's adjusting and that could end up being problematic.

There may be more reasons in addition, but I think that should give you a good enough idea why this sort of setup isn't as obviously useful as it may seem.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: A way to see stats from the other persons perspective?

Postby Highstakes0 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Okay, I respectfully disagree and think it would be a good thing to add to the program.

(1) Some players simply won't notice if you've been playing tighter or looser, especially if they haven't played you for a few weeks.
I sometimes know who is using PT and who is not.
Some of them are even stupid enough to keep a poker journal so that I can read about how they use PT3 etc.

(2) Some players datamine (whether or not it's against a site's terms and conditions) so they'll have extra data on you and you won't have it on them.
Not possible on my site, I think.

(3) A player might have observed you at a table by opening it and watching before they sat down (or while waiting for the blinds to get to them) and since they weren't dealt into those hands, we would miss that data.
Thats just a few hands, and on my low stakes, something my opps would never have the NRJ to do.

(4) A player may change his own style for reasons unrelated to your play (e.g. he's now watching coaching videos and trying some stuff out) but you might think he's adjusting and that could end up being problematic.

Very true, but then again that may then be used as an argument for not keeping stats on your opponents at all.
Highstakes0
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:49 am

Re: A way to see stats from the other persons perspective?

Postby Highstakes0 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:35 pm

That being said I will stop whining and thank you for your reply :)
Highstakes0
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:49 am

Re: A way to see stats from the other persons perspective?

Postby kraada » Wed May 12, 2010 12:53 pm

It also would require a big change to the current database structure as the queries would take quite a while to return any data, which is probably a bigger hurdle than the "will it be useful" hurdle . . . either way I'll make note of your request and discuss it with the developers when I can.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests