A few questions before purchasing - please!

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby wex_69 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:44 am

Hi, I just have a few questions before I purchase the software.

1) I pretty much only player tournaments. What benefits does PT3 have over HEM in terms of tournaments only - i don't care about cash (please, be honest!).

2) I plan on getting a new computer soon, what happens then? Will I be able to reinstall PT3 with no problems and not have to repay?

3) I also play on my laptop, will I have to buy 2 copies?

4) I have been playing on Pokerstars for 2-3 years now and have kept all my hand histories. Will PT3 and the HUD that comes with it be able to import EVERY tournament? I have over 10,000 tournaments played.

5) I don't know crap about computers, but when I look at the properties of my computer, it shows the following:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz
2.66GHz, 3.24 GB of RAM

Is this good? bad? too slow to run PT3? Any other requirements not mentioned to know if it will run well on my computer please let me know and I will tell you the data.

Thanks,

Wex
wex_69
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:39 am

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby wex_69 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 am

sorry, 1 more thing, is it FULLY compatible with windows 7?
wex_69
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:39 am

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby kraada » Sat May 15, 2010 9:50 am

(1) Honestly, I do not have a full feature list of what HEM can do at this point. In my opinion our greatest advantage is the ability to build custom statistics - you can build nearly any statistic you can imagine, and display it. But there's a whole lot you can do, and we do offer a free 60 day trial for you to figure it out. The only things not available in the 60 day trial are the custom statistics, the ability to use multiple databases, the backup/restore features and TableTracker (which is a table selection tool for cash games players).

(2 & 3) PT3 registration codes are good for use on up to two computers that you own/operate at the same time. Your registration code will work just fine on your new computer, and you can keep PT3 on your old computer as long as you need. If you wanted to install on a third computer though you'd need to uninstall from one of those two. So if you use current desktop + laptop, and you buy a new desktop, you'll need to backup from current desktop, uninstall, then install on new desktop and restore from backup. But otherwise there won't be any trouble.

(4) It should as far as I know.

(5) The CPU is a little on the slow side, but it should work just fine unless you're planning on trying to 50 table with it.

(6) PT3 is fully compatible with Windows 7.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby wex_69 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:11 pm

what do you mean by custom statistics? what are some examples? my main concern being able to differentiate stats from early game and late game in MTTs and early and late game in turbo SNGs. These games are very different and having a set of statistics for both games will just be very misleading to me
wex_69
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:39 am

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby kraada » Sat May 15, 2010 5:32 pm

You can see some statistics that our users have built in the repository, where they are available free for download. If you wanted to build stats for early stages of tournaments and then other ones for later stages of tournaments, you could do that as well.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby wex_69 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:12 pm

i don't quite understand what I'm looking for in the repository ....
wex_69
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:39 am

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby kraada » Mon May 17, 2010 9:52 am

On the Statistics tab there you can see what statistics other users have built that, if you purchase PT3, you could download and add to your copy of PT3. I thought some examples might give you an idea what custom statistics might be useful for.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby wex_69 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am

oh OK i see what you mean now. But 99% of them are for cash lol
wex_69
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:39 am

Re: A few questions before purchasing - please!

Postby kraada » Mon May 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes, but they're not hard to convert anymore at least :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests