Page 1 of 1

Autorate missing people?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:32 pm
by jmflu
I was looking at my icons while playing and noticed some people didnt have icons when they should.

For instance, I have a guy with a VPIP of 35.7 and PFR of 11.38

and I have an autorate rule of -

VPIP between 24-100
and PFR between 0-12

Yet after running autorate, he is left without an icon. This happens with a (small) amount of people but I dont understand why. Have you guys experienced any issues with this?

Re: Autorate missing people?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:58 pm
by vicnice
jmflu wrote:I was looking at my icons while playing and noticed some people didnt have icons when they should.

For instance, I have a guy with a VPIP of 35.7 and PFR of 11.38

and I have an autorate rule of -

VPIP between 24-100
and PFR between 0-12

Yet after running autorate, he is left without an icon. This happens with a (small) amount of people but I dont understand why. Have you guys experienced any issues with this?


When you click on Configure--> Autorate and get taken to the Autorate screen, what is it showing for Minimum Hands Required? By default that is set at 50 so if that dude has less than 50hands played the autorate process will skip him. I suspect that may be what is happening. Does the player in question have more than that number of hands played? If so, then we'll have to keep looking and maybe fill out a bug report.

Re: Autorate missing people?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:37 pm
by jmflu
vicnice wrote:
jmflu wrote:I was looking at my icons while playing and noticed some people didnt have icons when they should.

For instance, I have a guy with a VPIP of 35.7 and PFR of 11.38

and I have an autorate rule of -

VPIP between 24-100
and PFR between 0-12

Yet after running autorate, he is left without an icon. This happens with a (small) amount of people but I dont understand why. Have you guys experienced any issues with this?


When you click on Configure--> Autorate and get taken to the Autorate screen, what is it showing for Minimum Hands Required? By default that is set at 50 so if that dude has less than 50hands played the autorate process will skip him. I suspect that may be what is happening. Does the player in question have more than that number of hands played? If so, then we'll have to keep looking and maybe fill out a bug report.


I thought that might be it, but for some of these players its just not picking them up even having hundreds of hands and my low limit set at 40

I do have it with 'Only use hands with greater than or equal to 7 players at the table, would this have an effect?

Re: Autorate missing people?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 pm
by vicnice
jmflu wrote:
vicnice wrote:
jmflu wrote:I was looking at my icons while playing and noticed some people didnt have icons when they should.

For instance, I have a guy with a VPIP of 35.7 and PFR of 11.38

and I have an autorate rule of -

VPIP between 24-100
and PFR between 0-12

Yet after running autorate, he is left without an icon. This happens with a (small) amount of people but I dont understand why. Have you guys experienced any issues with this?


When you click on Configure--> Autorate and get taken to the Autorate screen, what is it showing for Minimum Hands Required? By default that is set at 50 so if that dude has less than 50hands played the autorate process will skip him. I suspect that may be what is happening. Does the player in question have more than that number of hands played? If so, then we'll have to keep looking and maybe fill out a bug report.


I thought that might be it, but for some of these players its just not picking them up even having hundreds of hands and my low limit set at 40


That is weird. You'll probably have to export your rules set and attach them to a support ticket so that they can see what's the problem.

Re: Autorate missing people?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:33 am
by adamp
he might be between two filter ranges for e.g vp$ip 35.7 prf 11.38 and has a Af that is keeping him out of that rating setting.I created my own ratings and had trouble with my DONKEY rating I had people in my range of vp$ip => 40 PFR => 20 WTSD >40. none of these players were being rated because in my LA/A rating which was vp$ip >= 30 pfr >=10 af => 2 . I had to add a new rule into LA/A ( wtsd < 40) to get these players to be rated correctly or at all.It is trial and error but look through all your rules and try to find the rules that might overlap and define them with a extra rule or two.

Re: Autorate missing people?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 am
by kraada
jmflu wrote:I do have it with 'Only use hands with greater than or equal to 7 players at the table, would this have an effect?


That means that only hands with 7 players or more will count for the rating. So if you have 120 hands with someone but 81 of them are at 6-max (or with 6 or fewer players at the table), the autorate won't kick in until you get another hand on them on a 7+ player table.