Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby bpbenda » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 am

I am new to this software. I just manually imported approximately 1,800 hand history files (sessions) from PokerStars into the software. They all imported without error. However, the imported data is an absolute mess. About 10% of my imported sessions do not record a finish position. It lists the finish position as "0". And then for the vast majority of my imported sessions, it does not record an amount won. So, it looks like I have lost every time I have played. It should be noted that most of what I play are the $22, $31, and $44 hyper-turbo SNG satellites on PokerStars. Both first and second place in these pay satellite entry to a tournament, which is then redeemed in T$, and third place pays back cash. Without having to go through all 1,800 of these files individually, what can I do to make sure that these records are being properly recognized and stored? Furthermore, is there a way to change the payouts for a finish position in a specific buy-in tournament in bulk? For instance, if I wanted to change all my first and second place finishes in the $44.88 hyper-turbos to $82, can I do this by selecting more than one at once and changing them in bulk? And if so, where and how can this be done?

I hate to say this, but I tried out Hold'em Manager for a little bit and from the perspective of someone new to this software, their database management is WAY WAY easier than this. I am somewhat regretting my purchase of this software. That said, I am sure it just takes getting used to, but is it really this hard?
bpbenda
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 am

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:37 am

Please read the Tournaments FAQ.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby bpbenda » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Yes, thank you. I have read this and understand that I need to be auto-importing my hand histories while I play if I want accurate results. That makes sense. But here is the problem, I just bought the software and want to add existing hand histories bring me up-to-date. Once manually imported, is it possible to edit this information, and if so to do it in bulk? Thanks in advance. Regards, Brian.
bpbenda
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 am

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby bpbenda » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I should also mention that I see where it talks about the full audit file. I can definitely do that, and will. But that still is only supposed to update my win/loss information. I still have a problem in my existing hand history files where it is recording my finish position as "0". Can these be update manually, and if so in bulk? Thanks again in advance, Brian.
bpbenda
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 am

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

The audit file will include your finish information for historical tournaments and those will be updated accordingly.

Should you ever need to edit your tournament results, though, you can do so manually via the Tournaments --> Enter Holdem (or Omaha) Results menu option.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby Equallizer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:59 pm

kraada wrote:The audit file will include your finish information for historical tournaments and those will be updated accordingly.

Should you ever need to edit your tournament results, though, you can do so manually via the Tournaments --> Enter Holdem (or Omaha) Results menu option.



As the OP asked: Can you do this in bulk?

I have about 50 of 200 Satellite tourneys in which I have placed 1st/2nd for a Satellite ticket, which equals TS dollars from pokerstars.

Are you saying that i have to go in individually each tourney to set the winnings?

I tried the filter but it doesn't allow you to filter by position so that I can check all the ones that need to have winnings added.

I have other tourneys similar problem but different buy in.

Any solution to this?
Equallizer
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 am

The audit file will contain all of your prize information, but not the actual finish position.
If these are the last 200 tournaments that you play then you can request the results for all of them at once from PokerStars, but otherwise they would need to be requested individually.

Tournaments FAQ
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby Equallizer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:45 am

WhiteRider wrote:The audit file will contain all of your prize information, but not the actual finish position.
If these are the last 200 tournaments that you play then you can request the results for all of them at once from PokerStars, but otherwise they would need to be requested individually.

Tournaments FAQ


I understand that. What I am asking is if your software can do bulk changes on top 2 finish or do they have to be individually edited?
Equallizer
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Hand Importing Problems and Complaints

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 am

I believe the audit should contain the winnings at which point it would update all of those tournaments in one shot for you. You cannot edit multiple tournaments results information simultaneously.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests