New user questions

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

New user questions

Postby dmal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi, I'm an enthusiastic trial day-2 PT3 user (and likely customer in 58 days ;-). I've read all of the help and searched for several things in your forums, some of which I've found, others not.

Btw, one thing that's impressive to a noob like me so far is the moderator presence/help in the threads across forums.

Some of my Qs regard concepts, bugs, feature requests, etc. As there are more of the 1st thing, I chose this forum for the one full set of Qs. I can break some of the Qs out and put into other forums if that'd be helpful to you (for tracking, etc.); just let me know.

1) I've read in the forums that, "Opponent statistics are always lifetime - hero statistics are always session only."

I've also read that, "The HUD shows lifetime stats for opponents, but session stats for you so that you know what your current table image is."

When I'm the hero, I see all of the villains lifetime stats per my hand histories. So when another hero is looking at me as a villain in the HUD, aren't they seeing my lifetime stats (just as I'm seeing theirs)?

I don't get how each of the other heroes can be getting data about only my current session/table image if, when I'm in the same hero role, I get more than current-session table image data about them.

I must be missing/misunderstanding something obvious here; can you tell me what it is?

2) Yesterday using non-beta PT3, I saw something three or four times that I could not reproduce.

Anyway, what I normally saw for myself at the table were session stats. However, sometimes I saw my lifetime stats for myself instead. It seemed to occur when the table refreshed after I applied and saved a stat configuration change in the HUD, but I've tried to reproduce this several times and haven't seen it. Is this a known issue?

3) This morning I installed the latest beta PT3 over original PT3, as I think I saw in the forums somewhere that it contained a fix for the seat-changing issue (where the individual stats don't follow the players). Fwiw, this didn't work for me in the new build.

4) I assume "lifetime" stats for villains means all of the info that's pulled from my own local hand histories (rather than all of a villain's stats in the poker app since the day they were born) 'cuz that's all PT3 has access to from my histories. No need to answer if I have that right; please comment only if I have that wrong.

5) I've seen a few versions of a recurring question and answer in the forums, but I'm going to ask again to be sure 'cuz, from my naive viewpoint, the related items being requested are fundamental things I expected to see on my poker table.

What I want to see (and would be willing to do manual formula/configuration work myself to somehow make happen, if possible) for each of my opponents are:

A) vs Player, Difference ($), and
B) vs Player, Times Won/Lost % (TW/TL + TW).

Also, non-HUD related, I'm surprised there isn't a column for B on the vs Player page in the db. (Can I add it manually somehow?)

As an alt. exercise, I wait-listed myself at a table, jotted down the nine players, and quickly looked up, calculated, and listed A and B on paper manually -- coulda been an onscreen text file but that wouldn't help much -- as a single ref. point to avoid having to find each player in the vs Player list multiple times during game play. But even checking this one list took too much in-hand time and of course the list quickly got counterfeited as new, unlisted players replaced listed players at the table.

For any practical use/benefit to heroes, it seems these things would have to be in the HUD for each player. I gather from the existing moderator answers to similar questions in the forums that this can't be done, or at least won't be done any time soon. In the meantime:

a) is there any stat(s) that *can* be added to the HUD that somehow approximates A and/or B (i.e., tells me at-a-glance, "I dominate him" or "she pwns me; tread carefully")? or is there any manual stat customization I could try to add A and B?

b) if a resounding No to both parts of "a", I'd like to add my request (as a leaning-yes, potential customer) for this feature set to the others who've already requested this type of feature.

Thanks!
dmal
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: New user questions

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Replies in bold:

dmal wrote:1) I've read in the forums that, "Opponent statistics are always lifetime - hero statistics are always session only."

I've also read that, "The HUD shows lifetime stats for opponents, but session stats for you so that you know what your current table image is."

When I'm the hero, I see all of the villains lifetime stats per my hand histories. So when another hero is looking at me as a villain in the HUD, aren't they seeing my lifetime stats (just as I'm seeing theirs)?

I don't get how each of the other heroes can be getting data about only my current session/table image if, when I'm in the same hero role, I get more than current-session table image data about them.

I must be missing/misunderstanding something obvious here; can you tell me what it is?

First, each PT3 user only sees data from their own database from the hands they've personally imported. So if you played 1000 hands with someone but they only got a tracker halfway through they might only see 500 hands on you. More importantly, not everyone uses a tracker, and there's no way to be certain who does or does not use a tracker. So you don't know if they have additional information about your playing tendencies from last week or not. But we definitely know they've seen what you're doing on the table right now and they may well react accordingly. But yes if two people A and B were playing each other and both were using PT3 the entire time by the end A would see all of B's stats over the sample and B would see all of A's stats over the sample. But two players playing heads up for a long period of time are going to be changing their play based on the other considerably so the stats from the beginning of the sample might not even be that useful by the end.

2) Yesterday using non-beta PT3, I saw something three or four times that I could not reproduce.

Anyway, what I normally saw for myself at the table were session stats. However, sometimes I saw my lifetime stats for myself instead. It seemed to occur when the table refreshed after I applied and saved a stat configuration change in the HUD, but I've tried to reproduce this several times and haven't seen it. Is this a known issue?

Not that I'm aware of. If you can reproduce it consistently at any point, please report it so that we can investigate further for you.

3) This morning I installed the latest beta PT3 over original PT3, as I think I saw in the forums somewhere that it contained a fix for the seat-changing issue (where the individual stats don't follow the players). Fwiw, this didn't work for me in the new build.

I'm not aware of a seat changing issue that was fixed in the latest beta, could you elaborate? Also have you seen the Tutorial: Preferred Seating?

5) I've seen a few versions of a recurring question and answer in the forums, but I'm going to ask again to be sure 'cuz, from my naive viewpoint, the related items being requested are fundamental things I expected to see on my poker table.

What I want to see (and would be willing to do manual formula/configuration work myself to somehow make happen, if possible) for each of my opponents are:

A) vs Player, Difference ($), and
B) vs Player, Times Won/Lost % (TW/TL + TW).

That's not possible to build as a custom statistic at this point in time.

Also, non-HUD related, I'm surprised there isn't a column for B on the vs Player page in the db. (Can I add it manually somehow?)

Not currently. Due to the complexity of the queries that need to be used for the Vs Player tab, custom statistics cannot be added to that list.

a) is there any stat(s) that *can* be added to the HUD that somehow approximates A and/or B (i.e., tells me at-a-glance, "I dominate him" or "she pwns me; tread carefully")? or is there any manual stat customization I could try to add A and B?

It is not possible to build custom statistics for any data vs a single player in particular at this time.

b) if a resounding No to both parts of "a", I'd like to add my request (as a leaning-yes, potential customer) for this feature set to the others who've already requested this type of feature.

I certainly see the value in these sorts of statistics and will pass along these requests on your behalf.

Thanks!
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests