Trying to understand a couple things

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Trying to understand a couple things

Postby TorontoCash » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm sorry, I've searched the FAQ and there's still a basic thing about PokerTracker that I don't understand. A couple of things, in fact.

1: Can you use your purchased copy of Pokertracker to track only a single name on a single account? What if I play under different names at different sites? Can I not have entirely independent user accounts on PT?

2: If I have never played with someone on a site and I'm using the HUD, do their stats always begin at zero? Do I only get opening stats on players my copy of PT has previously tracked? I thought PT had a vast, deep database that allowed you to see your opponents in detail, whether you'd played against them once or a million times. Do you only get this access with the purchased version, or have I not configured my test version properly?

Thanks and sorry to be so thick.
TorontoCash
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:08 pm

(1) PokerTracker's database stores data from all hands imported - it doesn't matter who played them. If you play on six different poker sites, we can store data from all six simultaneously without any problems. You can even link your names together as explained in the Tutorial: Aliases.

(2) PT3 only has data from the hands you've imported - if you've never played with someone, their data starts from scratch. But the more you play with your opponents, the more data you will have on them. PT3 does not have a central database as doing so would be considered an unfair advantage by pretty much every poker site.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby TorontoCash » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:10 pm

If that's the case, then how does Table Tracker work?
TorontoCash
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby Roolender » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 pm

PT and TableTracker will only be based on what data/hands you have imported.

Thats why many people go to pokertableratings.com and corresponding sits to buy thousandths off hands to get stats on people.
Roolender
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby zubs1aa » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Roolender wrote:PT and TableTracker will only be based on what data/hands you have imported.

Thats why many people go to pokertableratings.com and corresponding sits to buy thousandths off hands to get stats on people.


stop encouraging the cheating scum...
zubs1aa
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 am

zubs1aa wrote:
Roolender wrote:PT and TableTracker will only be based on what data/hands you have imported.

Thats why many people go to pokertableratings.com and corresponding sits to buy thousandths off hands to get stats on people.


stop encouraging the cheating scum...

The trick, my friend, is to be consistently inconsistent... it confuses the hell out of those players who rely on bought hands. I can hear the screams now "but but but... he should have folded!!!".
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby zubs1aa » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:00 am

PJs Ronin wrote:
zubs1aa wrote:
Roolender wrote:PT and TableTracker will only be based on what data/hands you have imported.

Thats why many people go to pokertableratings.com and corresponding sits to buy thousandths off hands to get stats on people.


stop encouraging the cheating scum...

The trick, my friend, is to be consistently inconsistent... it confuses the hell out of those players who rely on bought hands. I can hear the screams now "but but but... he should have folded!!!".


I don't care if they have my info. But it's not good for the game on the one hand.. and sites like PTR are printing money helping people cheat.
zubs1aa
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 am

Personally I think the worst thing about those sites is that they seem to encourage tilting players to call out and berate the poorer players at the table. I don't want anybody calling out a big loser and sending him packing when I'm at the table - not to mention that it's incredibly rude and in poor taste besides.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby cgruba » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Im asking myself the same thing.

1.Tournament Shark shows you peoples enitre poker history while sitting at the tables, without logging on to some site and manually typing in each players name.
This program shows you, not exactly how people play, but how much they play, and general poker stats. The instant you sit down, lets assume S'n'G, you can swiftly note the GRINDERs and you can note the DEAD MONEY..... the poeple who have played 3000 games and those who have played 252 games. ROI. etc. This becomes quite usefull as chips in SnG are limted , and the time it takes to read good, vs., bad players takes too long.

You mentioned above that this is "cheating" or, not allowed. As far as i know Tourament shark is 100% allowed, and I would love to use a program like this. Unfortunently, I cannot, I am running MAC OS.. and there is no Tournament Shark or any idicator for MaC.
If there is knowledge of a Turny Shark for Mac.. please let me know asap. If at all possible, think about adding this to you table tracker.
cgruba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Trying to understand a couple things

Postby zubs1aa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:55 pm

cgruba wrote:Im asking myself the same thing.

1.Tournament Shark shows you peoples enitre poker history while sitting at the tables, without logging on to some site and manually typing in each players name.
This program shows you, not exactly how people play, but how much they play, and general poker stats. The instant you sit down, lets assume S'n'G, you can swiftly note the GRINDERs and you can note the DEAD MONEY..... the poeple who have played 3000 games and those who have played 252 games. ROI. etc. This becomes quite usefull as chips in SnG are limted , and the time it takes to read good, vs., bad players takes too long.

You mentioned above that this is "cheating" or, not allowed. As far as i know Tourament shark is 100% allowed, and I would love to use a program like this. Unfortunently, I cannot, I am running MAC OS.. and there is no Tournament Shark or any idicator for MaC.
If there is knowledge of a Turny Shark for Mac.. please let me know asap. If at all possible, think about adding this to you table tracker.


GOing to PTR and BUYING thousands of hands is against the TOS of all sites. Looking up their results at PTR is also cheating as this is a banned website by stars- you can't look at it ever according to their TOS. sharkscope can't be looked at during play. (though other sites such as pokerdb / OPR are not banned. Yet.)

Tournament shark isn't currently on stars banned list. I checked. That said, I'm surprised it isn't - as having a tool that auto-grabs results (vs one where yo ucan look up a few players at a time) seems to me to be a huge advantage.)

Devs, I hope you don't ever build in this functionality.
zubs1aa
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Next

Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest