Player Ranges with players sitting out

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby mikeneron » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 am

Hi there. I have been using Pokerace HUD for awhile now and it has worked great. I recently started using the Player Ranges under Preferences > Filters so I could get some better information on players as it goes from a full table to less players. I have my ranges setup as follows:

Min - Max
7 - 10
5 - 6
4 - 4
3 - 3
2 - 2

I have noticed though when it gets down to 5 or 6 handed and there is a player sitting out, the stats don't show for that entire table and that table only....other tables with nobody sitting out appear fine.

I also noticed that if one table is down to 5 or 6 handed and a player at that table is also playing on another table which still has more than 6 players left, that the stats on the table with more than 6 is like it was down to 5-6 handed as the # of hands was really low. I hope that makes sense :?
mikeneron
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 am

mikeneron wrote:I have noticed though when it gets down to 5 or 6 handed and there is a player sitting out, the stats don't show for that entire table and that table only....other tables with nobody sitting out appear fine.

Are you sure this isn't just because the table drops to 4 players and you don't have any data on the other players from 4-handed tables?

I also noticed that if one table is down to 5 or 6 handed and a player at that table is also playing on another table which still has more than 6 players left, that the stats on the table with more than 6 is like it was down to 5-6 handed as the # of hands was really low. I hope that makes sense :?

That's strange.
What site are you playing at?

Please enable logging, reproduce the problem on a single table (or as few as possible) and play 30+ hands, and send the PAHud.log file via the Support system so that we can review your configurations and troubleshoot the issue.
Tutorial: How to Create a Log File
Please link to this thread in the Reference field of the ticket.

If you can identify the table name and time when you see the error, and include a screenshot that would really help.
Thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby mikeneron » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:08 am

This is defintely not from the table dropping to the next range. I did change my range tonight to 5-10, 4-4, 3-3, 2-2 but it still happened to me on one table where someone was sitting out...see screenshot below. All other tables were fine. I did check off the option to enable logging, but I didn't see any text files in my PokeraceHUD folder so not sure what I was doing wrong there.

This is on Pokerstars. This tournament started 2008/09/08 4:19:29 ET. For what it's worth, this player sat out for the entire tourney.

[ img ]
mikeneron
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:23 am

Ah, in tournaments, the player sitting out is still theoretically 'active', so the player ranges won't reflect this.

We're hoping to be able to add a way to deal with this in PT3, but it's not possible in PT2/PAH.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby mikeneron » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:56 pm

So in my example, it is really using the 4 player range?
mikeneron
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:26 am

No, in your screenshot it should use the 5 player range. (at least, I assume that's the case, since there are actually 5 players dealt into the hand)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby mikeneron » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:38 am

OK, then that's an issue since I changed my ranges to 5-9 so the stats should be still showing. As soon as the table got down to 5 handed, the stats disappeared.
mikeneron
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 am

Let me see if I can get a clarification on this..
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 pm

If a player is sitting out, PokerStars does not list this player in the hand history therefore PokerAce Hud is only counting the players that are currently dealt into the hand. In your screenshot, there are 5 players at the table, one player is sitting out therefore PAH should show the player range for 4 players at the table (which is the number that you want).

I am not sure that I follow your other issues. Is this after a table change? What you describe does not make much sense to me. :?

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Player Ranges with players sitting out

Postby mikeneron » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 am

I think you clarified the main issue. I will keep an eye out for the other issue and see if it comes up again.

Thanks,
Mike.
mikeneron
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests