Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby wdead » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:07 pm

I converted my PT database to SQL yesterday. Today, I fired up full tilt and PT and played a bunch of heads up, no problem.

Later, I played 6 max on Full Tilt, and fired up poker ace as well. All of a sudden my machine slowed down ALOT. When I checked out task manager, it said pokerace was using 33% of my systems capabilities. I updated Pokerace so that is interfacing with the new SQL database, and just left my old access database alone.

The problem only seems to occur when pokerace is running...
wdead
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:46 pm

First, download and install the latest beta version (if you are not already using it).

[url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1921fsm]Beta Release v1.19.6[/urlfsm]

Then try enabling 'Standard Drawing' and see if that helps resolve the issue. Options->Preferences->Poker Sites->Full Tilt

Finally, since your old Access database is overlapping with your PostgreSQL database, you should deselect your old database from PokerAce Hud so that only your new database is selected. Options->Preferences->Databases->Holdem

If you are still having trouble, let me know and we will troubleshoot further.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby wdead » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:14 am

I am currently using PT V2, if I download and install V3, will my database change at all, or is it just a new interface?
wdead
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:52 am

PT3 uses a completely separate database and interface. It will not affect your PT2 database at all.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 am

[quote="wdead"7n8]I am currently using PT V2, if I download and install V3, will my database change at all, or is it just a new interface?[/quote7n8]
Note also that PAH does not work with PT3, so that isn't a solution to your issue.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby wdead » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:53 pm

For the record, I have never been using two databases at once. After converting to SQL, I linked PA to only use my SQL database. However, I may have found the true culprit.

I was super low on hard drive space. Ive cleared about 13 gigs worth of junk off of my hard drive, so I am going to give it another shot and see if anything resolves itself.
wdead
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Yes, that could be a problem. PostgreSQL uses temporary disk space rather liberally and if you are running low on space it will severely slow down Postgres.

Let me know how you make out.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby wdead » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Ive got about 65 gig capacity on my drive. After clearing up 13 or so gigs I started a session and everything was working fine for about an hour. All of a sudden, ptracker and PA Hud started using loads of my system capacity and I had to shut down the session. I am playing on full tilt, I have downloaded the most recent beta verson of PA Hud, I am using PT2, recently converted to SQL (never had this problem before convert), and have PA set up only to access the new SQL database. Any suggestions?
wdead
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Enable logging, open Full Tilt, play 30+ hands on a 'single' table then send me the PAHud.log file via the [url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/support/axe]Support system[/urlaxe] so that I can review your configurations and look into the issue.

[url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=820axe]Tutorial: How to Create a Log File[/urlaxe]

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Full tilt super slow after sql (pokerace the culprit?)

Postby wdead » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:37 am

I created the log file but every time I try to attach it in the support quasi email nothing happens until eventually the link disappears, with no attachment. If you PM me your email address I can send you all the pertinent info in an email. Thank you.
wdead
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests