Page 1 of 1

Postgres databse names question

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 am
by perrio
I recently installed the postgressql, And I was looking at my database names and I now have 2 that are the same name "my first poker tracker stud database". With different type names, one is "access" and the other is "pgsql". It's sayin the one that isn't postgres is my default database. Is that right?

Re: Postgres databse names question

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
by ptrack mike
If you want to use the PostgreSQL database as the default database, which would make sense if you just converted to PostgreSQL, then you should check the Dflt box next to the PostgreSQL database name and then close and reopen the program.

Re: Postgres databse names question

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 am
by perrio
OK, but will all my hand histories be in my new postgres database after I convert it?

Re: Postgres databse names question

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 am
by perrio
OK, I converted my databse for a second time, all my hand histories are in it. Should I delete my old databses now? And if how do you do that?

Re: Postgres databse names question

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:35 am
by ptrack mike
You don't necessarily need to delete the old databases, unless you need the disk space. I would keep them as a back up if I were you. You can still remove their names from the Maintain Databases window if it bothers you seeing them there, though. That just tells PTS not to use them but doesn't actually remove the files from your computer.