Feature Request #4: 'Hands' Tab

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Feature Request #4: 'Hands' Tab

Postby TrustySam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:45 am

The new tabbing feature is really cool! But I guess the 'Hands' tab no longer really fit in with the set-up?

I thought it was substantively useful in that it made analysis of a particular hand, very easy. It was also good for checking variance by hand across a range of games.

I would have thought more people would be wondering what happened to this category though, and I just saw one inquiry, so maybe it's not as popular with other people. But if it is, would it be possible to have the 'Hands' tab put back in? Thanks so much for listening!

Here's a link to somebody that did ask about it:
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 59&t=39339
TrustySam
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: Feature Request #4: 'Hands' Tab

Postby PJs Ronin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 am

Why create new posts for all these suggestions... why not just tag on to the original?
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Feature Request #4: 'Hands' Tab

Postby TrustySam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:26 am

I did it because I read through all 18 pages before posting to avoid duplication of requests, and when I did that I felt it was helpful for people searching for answers when the title contained a description of what was contained in the thread. I also felt it helped keep issues clear when there was only one issue per thread rather than a laundry list.

Because sometimes when people would list two different issues, they'd get other users chiming in about two separate issues, and then the flow of the thread would get garbled.

However, I take it that your larger point was that you personally find the separate threads needlessly voluminous, and feel that the forum would feel more organized had I kept all my issues contained into one thread? Perhaps because you prefer to see threads by person rather than by issue?

Which I think is kind of a similar sentiment to what I was trying to convey in the thread with the auto-locking HUD ... that some peoples' idea of 'better' might sometimes be another person's idea of 'worse' when people prefer to organize their data in different ways, eh?

Thanks for stopping by ... while you're checking in, you have any thoughts on any of the features I mentioned? Have a nice day :)
TrustySam
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: Feature Request #4: 'Hands' Tab

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am

You can see the equivalent of the PT3 Hands tab by choosing the Summary report in PT4 and then changing the Group By box to group by Starting Hands (for either Holdem or Omaha, depending on your game).
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests