HUD included in video export?

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD included in video export?

Postby bodhisoma » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Any intentions of including the HUD information in the video export?

Thanks much in advance.
bodhisoma
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

Re: HUD included in video export?

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm

We hope to be able to make this happen someday, but the methods we used in order to build this functionality make it a technically difficult addition.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD included in video export?

Postby bodhisoma » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I can think of reasons it would be a challenge to do in one output but wouldn't outputting the HUD separately with a transparency mask, then mixing down the two videos be a possibility?
bodhisoma
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

Re: HUD included in video export?

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 am

I'm not intimately aware of how the technical details work on this particular one, but I know it's tough - it may not be insurmountable, but it's definitely not something where we can flick a switch or two and make it happen.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD included in video export?

Postby bodhisoma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks Kraada.

Would you mind pointing one of the devs to that method? I don't need to hear back from them or anything, or expect it to get done anytime soon, I'm just thinking they *might* not have considered that route.

BTW, PT4 is amaaaaaazing. The HUD is blinding and everything is so much more responsive. Plus the vid output stuff is a great feature.
bodhisoma
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

Re: HUD included in video export?

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm glad to hear you're otherwise very happy with the software :)

I'll make sure they've considered all options here, but at the moment I know they are focusing on fixing the bugs that beta testers have uncovered so that we can work towards a commercial release.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests