Page 1 of 1

HUD included in video export?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 pm
by bodhisoma
Any intentions of including the HUD information in the video export?

Thanks much in advance.

Re: HUD included in video export?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm
by kraada
We hope to be able to make this happen someday, but the methods we used in order to build this functionality make it a technically difficult addition.

Re: HUD included in video export?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm
by bodhisoma
I can think of reasons it would be a challenge to do in one output but wouldn't outputting the HUD separately with a transparency mask, then mixing down the two videos be a possibility?

Re: HUD included in video export?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 am
by kraada
I'm not intimately aware of how the technical details work on this particular one, but I know it's tough - it may not be insurmountable, but it's definitely not something where we can flick a switch or two and make it happen.

Re: HUD included in video export?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm
by bodhisoma
Thanks Kraada.

Would you mind pointing one of the devs to that method? I don't need to hear back from them or anything, or expect it to get done anytime soon, I'm just thinking they *might* not have considered that route.

BTW, PT4 is amaaaaaazing. The HUD is blinding and everything is so much more responsive. Plus the vid output stuff is a great feature.

Re: HUD included in video export?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:06 pm
by kraada
I'm glad to hear you're otherwise very happy with the software :)

I'll make sure they've considered all options here, but at the moment I know they are focusing on fixing the bugs that beta testers have uncovered so that we can work towards a commercial release.